Friday, February 20, 2015

{ A New, Easy Project ? }

Yesterday I was looking at our guest bedroom, which is serving as our bedroom currently, and planning the rest of the decor. The walls are painted Gentle Rain {gray}and the carpet is also gray. The trim is white, the curtains are pale gray sheers and the furniture is white. I'm going for a cottage-y look for the spring and summer. I plan on making a traditional churn dash quilt for the bed using Whitewashed Cottage by Me & My Sisters for Moda. I already grabbed five charm packs when Stash Addict Quilts had them on their daily special.
 { Exactly when I'll get to this is unknown }
 
While I wait, I thought I'd like to try making a pillow. I found a great tutorial for making an envelope backed  pillow covering at Crazy Mom Quilts.  It doesn't look too hard.



I grabbed one of the charm packs and will start picking out charms for a simple patchwork pillow. I'm planning on a 9x9 grid of 2 1/2" squares for a finished pillow size of 18". I'm looking forward to trying something I haven't done before. Wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment