Tuesday, March 25, 2014

{ Bluebirds and Daisies }

For last week's baby shower I offered to make some cookies that would be given out as part of the favor. I had purchased the cutest set of cookie cutters, momma and baby bird. I finagled a bit and merged the two cutters to make one cookie. Worked out great! So, 65 cookies pairs and 65 daisies later..........
 


You'll notice three different styles of daisy decorating. I was experimenting. I prefer the one with the piped outline. Next time that's the way I'll do them all.


And, I flavored some of these cookies with almond flavoring instead of vanilla flavoring. Yum-my! Besides smelling incredible as they baked, they tasted amazing. {Yes, I made a few extras for sampling purposes. I had to know if they tasted good...wink, wink} I used decorating tips from The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle for the birds. She's so talented and new cookie decorators {me} can learn a lot from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment