Saturday, February 15, 2014

{ Meadow Friends and a Baby Quilt }

This weekend I'm cutting into this cute stack of fabric. I have a baby shower the third week in March and need to get a move on. I'd love to finish the quilt top in the next two weekends, then get to the quilting. I'm planning on quilting this one myself. It's a pretty simple grid so I should be ok. I will need to make sure I have enough thread; I'm thinking brown.

I've been holding onto the fat quarter bundle of Meadow Friends by Deb Strain for more than a year, just waiting for a boy to come along. I had already purchased some yardage for the backing, binding and a border if the quilt called for it. I love the busy prints loaded with frogs and lizards and bugs, all the things boys love.
I can't wait to get started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment