Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{Summer Sewing Contest}

Over at {Ellison Lane Quilts} the link up for the {Summer Sewing Contest} has begun. Summer really hasn't officially started so I really haven't done much sewing yet. I never thought I'd be saying this but, I have three  projects in the works and none are near enough to be finished in the five days left to link up. So, for the second time I will present the 'Baby Smith Granny Square Quilt'. 




I loved the process of making the Granny Squares. I had worked out  my own system for assembling and trimming that worked out great. 




I have plans & fabric to make at least one more before the summer is up. I only hope I can remember what I did on the first one.  (Maybe I should start making notes so I can refer back to them at a later time.)






This quilt was made as a baby shower gift for the newest addition to our family. I'm sure it will be used and loved. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, a granny square quilt is on my list of quilts I want to make; simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one. The fabrics are wonderful. Great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful! Maybe sometime if you get bored and have too much free time you'll write up a tutorial about your method of piecing and trimming, I am ineffective at that sadly and always love reading about how other people manage the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I am totally smitten with Granny Squares quilts and your fabric choices are wonderful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your granny square quilt. It is also on my very long to do list of quilts.

    ReplyDelete