Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Mystery Block of the Month: Month One}

I've been anticipating this since January when I signed up for the 2012 Mystery Block of the Month from Fat Quarter Shop.  My first 'Block of the Month' arrived last Friday, along with the backing and the finishing kit. The block is called {Laundry Days}, designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. The fabric is {Vintage Modern} by Bonnie & Camille. I first wrote about it here




The backing fabric........


Here's the finishing kit, which includes the sashing fabric and the binding fabric. There are some flying geese between the blocks which will be more interesting than a plain sashing.


A special surprise was included with the block fabrics. A 'charm pack' of 2 1/2 inch squares. Maybe they can be incorporated into the backing somehow. 


I cut the pieces last night and assembled the block this afternoon. I present {Laundry Days}! It finishes up at 12 1/2 x 12 1/2.

1 comment: